Markus started his career after he graduated from Mannheim University in business economics within Daimler in 1998. Markus has experience in the areas of Marketing and Product Management, Globalization and Regional Strategies, Cooperations and Alliances as well as in the field of Strategic Planning and Implementation.
Since 2011 Markus Hägele is responsible for DigitalLife@Daimler and the Digital Transformation Strategy of Daimler from a corporate level. His responsibilities contain:
- Definition of the Digital Strategy including the overall digitalization framework, digital roadmap and digital trends
- Accompanying the generation of ideas internally, externally and internationally, and anchor this innovation culture process through events and platforms such as the DigitalLife Open Space, the DigitalLife Innovation Camps or the Crowd Ideas Platform
- Enabling our employees to experience digitalization through international roadshows, talks and workshops at our plants and in our divisions
- Implementation of internal collaboration with digital platforms (e.g. Social Intranet) as well as promotion of agile collaboration working methods
- Communications and positioning of company-wide digitalization topics on tech and digital events (such as Mobile World Congress, SXSW, Tech Open Air Berlin) focusing on digital leadership